Thursday, September 10, 2009

Amazing Story - Lord...Make Me a Better Person

Today, on my way home from work - as I was irritated at the drivers around me
(see this blog posting by my friend to understand)

http://www.theresatrotter.com/2008/03/02/my-spiritual-diet-struggle/

I heard a wonderful story on the radio...

This story referenced a man who was victim to a horrible act of road rage by two brothers, and awarded 41K dollars for the brutal attack brought to him. This man then looked at the men that beat him in court on Tuesday and said "I forgive you" - Not only that (as if that wasn't enough) he continued to tell the court that he would take the 41K dollars and put it away for one of the mens two children. - OMG!

I heard this on the radio, and began to cry and pray while driving. I was frustrated at every person driving too slow around me, and couldn't believe my own thoughts at that moment about everyone.

I prayed for the Lord to make me more like this man, he offered forgiveness when I don't think I could have. He then offered their family the same money he was awarded by them, if I was awarded a large sum of money, my first thought would be my family and what we could do with that. I think my thoughts are close to everyone else, our first thoughts are always selfish "what will I do with this, how will myself or my family benefit?".

My prayer was to be less selfish, to give more to others, and to think more like the man in this story.

This story has touched my heart, and you can read it at this link:
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/57950707.html?index=1&c=y

1 comment:

  1. That a great story. A great example of walking in love. I too am trying not to be too selfish either.

    I pray the Lord works on both of us. Can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete